Webinar Title - 2: Safe Internet Practices and Password Management

 Reflection Paper

Webinar Title: Safe Internet Practices and Password Management

i. Details of the Event/Activity
The webinar titled “Safe Internet Practices and Password Management” was conducted to
raise awareness about the importance of online safety and the proper management of digital
credentials. The session aimed to educate participants on common online threats such as
phishing, malware, identity theft, and data breaches, while also emphasizing the significance
of strong, unique passwords in protecting personal and professional accounts. The speakers
discussed various strategies for creating and maintaining secure passwords, as well as the
benefits of using password managers and multi-factor authentication. Through interactive
discussions and real-world examples, the event successfully highlighted how responsible
internet use contributes to a safer online environment.

ii. Reflections the Webinar/Activity Gave Rise To (Learnings)
From this webinar, I learned that practicing safe internet habits is essential in today’s digital
age, where most personal and professional activities happen online. I realized that even
simple actions, such as clicking suspicious links or reusing passwords, can make individuals
vulnerable to cyberattacks. The discussion taught me that a strong password is not just about
complexity but also about uniqueness and regular updates. I also learned about the importance
of being cautious when sharing information on social media and verifying the authenticity of
websites and messages before interacting with them. The webinar made me more aware of my
digital footprint and the responsibility that comes with being an active internet user.

iii. Reflections on the Practical Application of the Webinar Learnings
The insights I gained from this webinar can be applied in my daily online activities. I now
understand the importance of creating strong, unique passwords for each account and
regularly changing them to prevent unauthorized access. I also plan to start using a trusted
password manager to securely store my credentials. Additionally, I will make it a habit to
enable two-factor authentication on my accounts for extra protection. Beyond personal use, I
can share what I have learned with my peers and family to help them develop safer online
habits. By doing so, I can contribute to promoting cybersecurity awareness within my
community.

iv. Positive Feedback (On the Event Organization)
The webinar was well-organized and effectively addressed a highly relevant topic. The
speakers were knowledgeable and presented their topics clearly, making complex
cybersecurity concepts easy to understand. The inclusion of practical examples and visual
presentations made the session engaging and informative. The organizers also managed the
event efficiently, maintaining good pacing and allotting time for audience questions. Overall,
the session was insightful, interactive, and beneficial for participants of all backgrounds.
v. Suggestions for Improvement (For Future Activities)
While the webinar was very informative, it could be improved by incorporating hands-on
demonstrations or short activities that allow participants to apply what they learned—such as
creating secure passwords or identifying phishing emails. Providing digital reference
materials or guides summarizing best practices for online safety would also help participants
retain the information discussed. Additionally, future sessions could include real-world case studies or testimonials from cybersecurity professionals to make the discussions more
relatable and inspiring.

v. Photos/Videos Taken

        












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IRCITE 2026 “Ideation, Utilization, and Adoption: Strengthening the Research-to-Practice Cycle in IT Education”

RAITE 2025: “I.T Beyond Tomorrow: Shaping the Digital Frontier”

Seminar_1_Youth and Cybercrime: Awareness and Prevention