IRCITE 2026 “Ideation, Utilization, and Adoption: Strengthening the Research-to-Practice Cycle in IT Education”
Reflection Paper
Title: “Ideation, Utilization, and Adoption: Strengthening the Research-to-Practice Cycle in IT Education”
i. Details of the Event/Activity
The International Research Conference on Information Technology Education (IRCITE) 2026, held on March 19, 2026 at Bulacan State University, City of Malolos, Bulacan, was a significant academic event that gathered researchers, students, and professionals in the field of Information Technology education. With the theme “Ideation, Utilization, and Adoption: Strengthening the Research-to-Practice Cycle in IT Education,” the conference emphasized the importance of transforming research ideas into practical and impactful technological solutions. The event was hosted by Bulacan State University in collaboration with Gordon College, providing a platform for participants to present their studies, exchange ideas, and explore innovations in IT education.
As one of the presenters, I participated in the poster presentation category, where I showcased my capstone project titled “SUMBONG: System for Updating and Managing Barangay Online Notices and Grievances for the Residents of Barangay East Tapinac, Olongapo City.” This experience allowed me to present my research to a wider audience and receive feedback from professionals and fellow researchers.
ii. Reflections and Learnings
Attending IRCITE 2026 gave me valuable insights into how research plays a crucial role in improving IT education and real-world applications. I learned that innovation does not stop at ideation—it must be effectively utilized and adopted to create meaningful impact. Listening to different research presentations broadened my perspective on how technology can address various societal challenges.
As a presenter, I also enhanced my confidence and communication skills. Explaining my project to different audiences helped me better understand my own research and its significance. I realized the importance of clearly presenting ideas and being open to feedback, as it contributes to the improvement of both the system and my skills as a future IT professional.
iii. Practical Application of Learnings
The knowledge and experience I gained from IRCITE 2026 will greatly influence my future academic and professional work. I plan to further improve my capstone project by incorporating the feedback I received during the poster presentation. Additionally, I will apply the concept of bridging research and practice by developing systems that are not only functional but also relevant and beneficial to the community.
This experience also encouraged me to focus on user-centered design, ensuring that systems I develop are accessible, efficient, and responsive to real-world needs. Moving forward, I aim to continue participating in research conferences to enhance my skills and stay updated with current trends in IT education.
iv. Positive Feedback
The IRCITE 2026 conference was well-organized and highly informative. The flow of activities was smooth, and the environment was conducive to learning and collaboration. The organizers provided a platform where students and professionals could interact, share knowledge, and build connections.
I particularly appreciated the opportunity to present my work as it allowed me to gain recognition and constructive feedback. The diversity of research topics presented during the event made the experience more enriching and inspiring.
v. Suggestions for Improvement
Comments
Post a Comment